3 WHEELED SCOOTERS: HOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT FROM THE 2 WHEELERS?
Whether it’s for a special occasion like a birthday or Christmas or ‘just because’, quality scooters represent a great gift for any child as young as 3 years (and there are many adults in Canada that would love one too!) If you’re struggling to determine whether a 2 or 3 wheeled scooter would be best, then this article is for you.
While classic 2 wheeled scooters are relatively well known, 3 wheeled scooters have unique characteristics that should be taken into consideration when deciding to purchase a scooter. We are going to point out some of the key characteristics of 3 wheeled scooters which offer the rider a surprisingly different riding experience than that of their traditional 2 wheeled relatives. Sometimes people make the mistake of assuming that having 3 wheels is like having training wheels on your scooter. Nothing could be further from the truth in the case of a curvy, high quality 3 wheeled scooter. Read on to find out what we mean.
2 and 3 Wheeled Scooters: The Main Differences
Understanding the difference is important as it could mean the difference between the new scooter becoming your child’s favourite possession or it being left in the basement gathering dust. Here’s what you need to know about 3 wheeled scooters:
- Lean-to-Steer Mechanism – Micro of Switzerland is credited with innovating the very first 3 wheeled scooter (also known as a kickboard) featuring a lean-to-steer mechanism, which was initially only implemented on scooters aimed at teens and adults. Lean-to-steer was such a big hit that Micro went on to develop the Mini Micro range (aimed at kids aged 3-5) and the Maxi Micro range (aimed at kids aged 5-11). While a classic 2 wheeled scooter steers much like a bicycle, the lean-to-steer technology offers the user a particularly dynamic ride, and it is often described as a “cross between a skateboard, snowboard and scooter.” Although it is easy to start using and having fun right away, it is with a bit of practice that the rider is able to take full advantage of the lean-to-steer mechanism and properly curve and carve out those very satisfying and exhilarating
- Quick Starts – As the 3 wheeled scooters that Micro offers are always in the upright position, they are easy to get on and start using right away. Even though some 2 wheeled models have a handy kickstand, the 3 wheeled model is particularly useful for kids who like to jump on and off along the way.
Advantages of 3 Wheeled Scooters by Micro of Switzerland
Micro is head and shoulders above the competition when it comes to 3 wheeled scooters. Here are just a few reasons why it is wise to invest in an authentic Micro kickboard.
- Superior Steering – Remember that we mentioned that Micro pioneered the lean-to-steer mechanism on the 3 wheeled kickboard? This particularly responsive system is considered superior to many of the similar steering systems that have since been implemented by competitors, offering a smoother and more dynamic ride. It also accelerates the learning curve in terms of the user’s sense of balance.
- Highest-Quality Components – Micro’s premium quality PU (Polyurethane) wheels, ABEC5 ball bearings and fibre-glass reinforced chassis mean a sturdier and smoother ride. All parts can be exchanged through the extensive Micro replacement parts service.Translation: A longer lasting scooter that is more fun for the rider!
- Wheel Configuration – The 3 wheeled scooters produced by Micro feature two wheels at the front of the scooter and a single wheel at the back, which allows the user to kick more freely, without fear of knocking a foot on the rear wheel. This is safer for both you and the scooter!
- Customizable – The plastic decks covering the fibreglass reinforced bases are available in a wide range of colours and can be removed and replaced with another deck. The rubber grips can also be swapped out. This is particularly useful if the scooter is being passed down to a younger sibling who has different design preferences.
If you would like to learn more about the 3 wheeled scooters offered by Micro, get in touch with the Kickboard Canada team at email@example.com today and we’ll be glad to advise you.
- Kickboard Canada