FAQs About the Maxi MICRO Kickboard
If you are not sure exactly what the Maxi Micro scooter is or whether it will make a good present for your child, take a look at the following questions that are commonly asked by others who are new to these fun machines.
What People Want to Know About the Maxi Micro Scooter
- What makes a Maxi Micro so special? – The patented lean-to-steer mechanism means that your child uses their weight to steer. The front wheels turn automatically as the rider leans left or right for the ultimate sidewalk surfing experience. It is often described as a cross between a scooter and a snowboard! Yup, pretty awesome!
- Can the Handlebar Height Be Adjusted? – Yes. You can move the bars up as your child grows so your son or daughter should be able to get several years’ use out of their new scooter- usually until they are about 11 or 12.
- What is the Maximum Weight They Can Carry? – The maximum rider weight is 50 kg. Any child who weighs more than 50 kg should probably get one of the scooters for teens that we have available rather than a Maxi Micro scooter.
- Are They Suitable for Newbies? – They most certainly are! If your child has never ridden a scooter before, the three wheels have the added advantage of providing more stability and helping grow in confidence. With practice they will soon be able to take full advantage of the lean-to-steer mechanism for a curvier ride.
- Are They Easier To Control than Two-Wheeled Scooters? – The low deck height and the ability to steer by shifting one’s weight are both factors that many people feel make the Maxi particularly easy to control. But again, it is with practice they will soon be able to take full advantage of the lean-to-steer mechanism to start carving. The third wheel on a kickboard is absolutely not a ‘training wheel’ on a scooter but rather a way to allow for a more dynamic curvy ride.
- Are They Built to Last? – Yes, they are. When you buy a Maxi Micro scooter, you are buying a high quality vehicle with features such as a fibreglass reinforced deck, high quality polyurethane wheels and ABEC 5 ball bearings for the smoothest, quietest ride on the sidewalk – no shake and rattle, just the roll! It also comes with a one year warranty against all manufacturer defects. In addition, all the parts on the Maxi Micro are replaceable and can be sourced from the Kickboard Canada online store.
- Is My Child Old Enough? – If your son or daughter is between 5 and 11 they should be able to handle a Maxi Micro. If they are under 5, a Mini Micro scooter will probably be more suitable.
- Where can I buy one? – Kickboard Canada has a great selection 3-wheeled kickboards for riders of all ages on its website. Shipping to anywhere in Canada is free with orders over $99.
What to Do if You Need More Information
If you have any questions about the Maxi Micro scooter that are not answered above, please feel free to contact us here at Kickboard Canada and we will do our best to answer them. You can also find several other articles about these scooters on our website.
- Kickboard Canada